Positive Behaviour Supports for Children (www.pbsc.info) is a series of three, related websites developed by Mount Royal University for use by families, aides and school staff that offer practical, evidence-based strategies for supporting children with disabilities and their families.
The family website was written by parents for parents and includes strategies related to:
- Promoting adaptive behaviour, learning and development;
- Minimizing and managing challenging behaviours;
- Working effectively with service teams both at home and at school;
- Planning for common life transitions; and
- Maintaining and improving the well-being of the entire family.