CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2014 Alberta Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Conference
Delta Edmonton South – Edmonton, AB – October 20 & 21, 2014
Please consider submitting an abstract for the 2014 Alberta FASD Conference as per the submission guidelines below. Guidelines are also attached to this email in PDF for ease of printing.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
The abstract must be typed, single-spaced, on 8.5” X 11” paper and submitted using minimal text formatting.
The following information must be included on all submitted abstracts:
1. Title of presentation.
2. Presenter’s name(s), presenter’s credential(s) and organization name(s).
Please also include a mailing address, telephone number and email address for each presenter.
Please indicate the primary presenter by underlining the name. All communication will go to the primary presenter, so please ensure they have a working email address.
3. Short biographies of each presenter (NO MORE than 100 words per presenter please).
4. Type of Presentation (e.g., lecture, information sharing, interactive, workshop, panel, etc.).
5. Length of Presentation: all sessions must be 30, 60 or 120 minutes (if 30 minutes, your session will be shared with another presenter; if 120 minutes, your session will be divided into Part A and B).
6. Indicate if you wish to be considered to present in multiple time slots throughout the conference.
7. Target Audience(s) (e.g., researchers, educators, caregivers, front-line workers, psychologists, physicians, etc.).
8. Presentation theme. From the following list, please select the theme that best fits your presentation:
§ Awareness & Prevention
§ Assessment & Diagnosis
§ Supports for Individuals & Caregivers
§ Research & Evaluation
§ Education & Training
§ Innovative Practices
§ Community Capacity & Collaboration
9. Level of knowledge required about FASD to best benefit from the presentation (introductory, intermediate, or advanced).
10. A short (NO MORE than 150 words) overview of the material covered.
11. List of any other recent conferences where this presentation has been made. If the presentation is new, or includes updated material that has not been presented yet, please indicate this.
12. Equipment requirements (i.e. microphones, LCD projector, flipcharts, etc.). If equipment requirements are not included in this abstract, supply of them at the conference cannot be guaranteed.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: July 9, 2014
Please send your completed abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel expenses to Edmonton and return, hotel room for two nights and conference registration may be covered for up to two (2) presenters maximum per selected session.
For more information, please contact Theresa Bosko at 780.643.9283.