The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals recently offered a webinar on preventing Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
The learning objectives of this session are that participants should be able to:
- Understand that alcohol is a teratogen and identify the outcomes associated with prenatal alcohol exposure
- Identify patients at risk for offspring with FASDs
- Integrate conversations about the risks of alcohol consumption during pregnancy into contraceptive and family planning counseling
- Apply appropriate patient-centered communication skills to counseling reproductive age and pregnant women on prevention strategies to reduce the risks of FASD
- Use motivational interviewing to assist pregnant women in choosing to avoid alcohol consumption
To access this internet based activity please visit: http://www.arhp.org/modules/webinars/Preventing-Fetal-Alcohol-Spectrum-Disorders/64