Five Things Teachers Need to Know
1. My child’s emotional level lags far behind his chronological development. Do not expect him to act his age.
2. Because she has a loose grip on fantasy vs. reality, my child may tell made-up stories about things that happen in our family. Please consult me if you have concerns.
3. My child may know a rule and want to follow it, but be unable to access that information when he has an impulse to act. His apologies are genuine. He doesn’t know why he did it.
4. My child reacts very badly to stress. Consequences that increase her stress level will only make her behavior worse.
5. Please keep the lines of communication open between our home and the school. My child needs all the adults in her life working together.
Found on: http://specialchildren.about.com/od/fetalalcoholsyndrome/a/FASDschool.ht
THANK YOU! I have been trying to understand these things for a long time.