Unlimited Potential is currently looking for an individual who has a passion for working with adults with FASD (men and/or women). Successful candidates must also be willing to act as a supportive advocate and mentor. Collaboration and advocacy with other professionals to develop plans that will assist our clients in being successful in meeting their goals.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
Individual must have a diploma/degree in Human Services or equivalent (mandatory) and 2 – 5 years combined experience working in community outreach programs
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication (oral and written) skills
- An understanding of FASD and the secondary disabilities of individuals affected by FASD
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, customs and beliefs
- Understanding of current and emerging issues of importance to Indigenous people and communities
- The ability to identify the issues that surround poverty and demonstrate an extensive knowledge of resources and supports within the Edmonton area
Qualifications/Experience: Must have a diploma/degree in Human Services (if education is in Social Work, must be registered Social Worker with the Alberta College of Social Workers), 2-5 years combined experience working in community outreach programs, good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, able to manage time effectively, good conflict resolution skills, be results oriented, a team player and positive role model for others.
Other requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check, Intervention Record Check (dated within last 6 months), valid driver’s license, good driving record (less than 6 demerits), reliable vehicle with $1 million dollars insurance and must be confident with city and rural driving. Must be willing to work flexible hours within a 40 hour