FASD Permanent Supportive Housing Team Lead
Full Time • Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Services
About Bissell Centre
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Bissell Centre is looking for a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Permanent Supportive Housing Program Team Lead to support a team of Personal Support Workers (PSW), who work with adults who are diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). Together, the team supports home stability and goal achievement through a client centered, FASD informed and Harm Reduction approach. The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Team Leader is responsible for the implementation, administration and evaluation of the program. The Team Leader supervises a team of staff which includes 10 full time PSWs and several casual staff.
- Assist staff to assess and enhance participants’ readiness to make positive changes
- Support staff to work with participants regularly to collaboratively set goals, develop a plan of action, evaluate success, and revise plan accordingly
- Assist staff with implementation of participant’s case plan through role-modeling, teaching, information, brokering, advocacy, and providing practical assistance
- Accurately complete the whole process of participant intake
- Help participant establish housing by assisting with utility set up, furniture acquisition and delivery
- Assist in re-housing participants as required
- Complete recruitment, hiring, orientation, training and day-to-day supervision of direct report staff
- Continue to work with and build new partnerships
- Work collaboratively with the landlord of the property regarding rent payments and maintenance requests
- Assist on call team with 24/7 on-call rotation to help with crisis, sick calls and shift coverage
General and Administrative
- Maintain accurate written case file notes, staff tracking, staff supervision notes, computer records, update program databases (ETO), complete WCB forms, program information, and critical incident reports within established time standards
- Maintain and submit accurate mileage and expense logs for reimbursement
- Participate in and/or conduct performance management meetings as required
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to inform, plan, direct and hear staff concerns
- Review, approve and submit staff time sheets and schedule
- Approve and monitor staff overtime, health maintenance and vacation leaves
- Manage and record accurate expenses for all participant start-up costs
- Assist staff with troubleshooting any issues with paying rent and/or utility bills, ensuring taxes are completed, teaching budgeting skills as necessary, ensuring expenses related to moving out and cleaning up an apartment are addressed.
- Monitor, approve and submit receipts for program expenditures
- Review, approve and submit Rental Assistance Program (RAP) forms
- Approve debit card reconciliation each month
- Degree or Diploma in Social Science or related discipline
- Minimum of one year related employment experience e.g. high-risk populations, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, housing vulnerable individuals
- Supervisory and residential experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience working in the areas of; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Harm Reduction, Addictions, Housing First, and Mental Health is an asset.
- Evidence of innovation and creativity in supporting individuals would be an asset.
- Employees with Social Work Diploma/Degree/Masters are required to provide and maintain ongoing registration, in good standing, with Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) as per Alberta Health Professions Act
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, good time management, strong organizational, problem-solving and advocacy skills
- Experience with case management software is a considerable asset
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
Conditions of Work
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and working experience. This is a permanent, full time position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: November 8th, 2018
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.