You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1700 staff, and 2000 volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central and Northern Alberta.
We are seeking one (1), contract, full time, forty (40) hours a week Community Outreach worker to join our dynamic and talented team! This position has a weekly schedule of Monday – Friday. This contract is until June 30, 2022.
The First Steps program aims to ensure that individuals who use alcohol and/or drugs are supported to have healthy pregnancies and healthy families.
About the Role:
As a Community Outreach Worker, you provide mentoring and support to pregnant or new mothers dealing with substance abuse. Using your ability to assess individual needs and your awareness of community programs, you link women to the resources they need to be successful. Your flexibility, problem-solving and non-judgmental approach is the foundation in supporting mothers to move forward. You have the ability to work in a team environment, to develop solid, long-term relationships with the people you serve by establishing trust, mutual respect and healthy boundaries.
Education and Qualifications:
- A Diploma/Degree in Human Services (or equivalent)
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with individuals, families and children have prepared you for this challenging and rewarding role
- Knowledge of addictions, family violence and community-based services make you an ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have an organized and compassionate approach to the work, strong team work skills, a commitment to developing positive supportive relationships, and experience supporting individuals and families. Other qualifications include:
- A reliable Vehicle, Valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration and Third Party Liability Insurance (amount of two million)
- Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search, Intervention Record Check must be current within six (6) months
- Driver’s Abstract with less than six (6) demerit points current within one (1) year
Security clearance checks are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
The salary for this position is $21.57 to $24.28 per hour based on qualifications and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, flexibility and supportive working environment.
As a Catholic social services agency we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition number 2194.
This requisition will remain open until July 1, 2021.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.