FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position: FULL TIME PROGRAM MANAGER – OPEN ARMS PROGRAM – Edmonton, AB
Position overview: Under the direction of the Director of Quality Improvement, the Manager of Open Arms (FASD) programs is responsible for the quality of the Organization’s Services to the individuals served. The successful candidate will manage service quality through training, education, performance management, needs analysis, external liaison, clinical supervision, metrics and program/training development.
Key accountabilities of this role will be to:
- Provide support, recommendations and intervention, as needed, to reporting staff, to ensure effective resolution of administrative and placement issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Open Arms programs, overseeing and troubleshooting processes and operations, and evaluating outcomes.
- Evaluate, interpret information, provide recommendations and develop solutions to support strategies relating to the Open Arms program and staff.
- Provide the Director of Quality Improvement and other stakeholders with timely, current and relevant summaries, evaluations and recommendations on programs, training initiatives, communication issues and crisis management.
- Accountable for the quality of services and for ensuring the program operates within a best practice approach.
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of the Organization, in order to create a safe environment for staff and clients’ served.
- Identify ways to exceed performance expectations, which may involve identifying potential efficiencies, different ways of working, or opportunities to contribute to the work of others.
- Represent, provide information about, and promote the Organization and its programs to the individuals served, parents, guardians, the public, agencies, schools, government ministries and any other stakeholders.
- Other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- The successful candidate must have a completed Diploma/Degree in the human services field, with significant coursework pertaining to FASD and Outreach Services.
- Should have a minimum three years of personnel management experience and extensive frontline experience in FASD and Outreach Services and knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to deal extensively with confidential information are essential.
- Skilled in the use of computer programs for: (word processing, databases, e-mail, Internet ….). Working knowledge of computer software, especially ETO, is a definite asset.
- A current, clear Police Information Check, Intervention Record Check and a valid driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits: The salary range for this position is $52,916.00 to $66,841.00. Please note that the salary will be commensurate with education and experience. UP/ABH-CAFS also provides a 100% employer paid health benefit plan and RRSP equaling 3% of the annual salary. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 18th, 2016
Please send your resume to:
UP Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.