FASD System Navigator; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum of Services- 1 full time position, 1 (5 month) contract position
Full Time • Fetal Alcohol Spectrum of Services
Bissell Centre is growing and in need of a passionate and skilled FASD System Navigator. The FASD System Navigator will provide timely in-person meetings, referrals, education, and other short-term solutions to individuals who call FASS’s referral line. This position will provide supports to vulnerable individuals and families, based on strong knowledge of FASD and the social service sector. The System Navigator will respond to inquiries on FASS’s referral line within 48 hours and be able to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders. The FASD System Navigator determines if participants require longer term supports and, those that require longer supports, will be assisted with their immediate needs and the FASD System Navigator will support those participants in a soft handover to an Adult Advocate or PCAP worker for ongoing supports.
This position maintains a waitlist and offers a maximum of 6-month support to women currently on the waitlist for a PCAP mentor.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct flexible intakes and provide short-term and timely solutions to individuals and families in crisis who are unable to access supports due to waitlists, or where other supports are unavailable
- Provide in-person and/or phone based referrals to individuals/families affected by FASD
- Maintain good communication and reputation to service providers in the community
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in social work, social science, or related field and/or comparable experience with FASD, disabilities
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with vulnerable, marginalized or at-risk populations
- Commitment to a strength-based, client centred approach
- Knowledge of community development processes and ability to enhance community capacity
- Capable of networking and building relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and tight timelines
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to maintain strong professional boundaries
- Work in collaboration with the FASS team to ensure appropriate information flow and effective program development and delivery
- Alberta classified license and access to a vehicle is preferred
Bissell Centre offers above average industry benefits including; employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, outstanding vacation and more! This a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of our participants is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
Application Deadline: October 19th, 2020