International FASD Day is just around the corner! Throughout the month of September, events are held across Canada and around the world in recognition of FASD Day. However, one day is not enough. Like many of you, CanFASD recognizes September as FASD Month and encourages all their followers to continue to work towards increased awareness of FASD throughout FASD Month and beyond.
This year their theme is centred around the hashtag #FASDis. CanFASD is focused on correcting the current misinformation and stigma surrounding FASD, alcohol, and pregnancy, and raising awareness of what it truly means to have FASD.
Help them spread the word this FASD Month!
Download their Toolkit
CanFASD has created a number of resources for stakeholders to use during the month of September to help raise awareness of FASD. Their full FASD Month toolkit is available on their website. It has graphics for your social media pages, fast facts about FASD, sample social media posts, and more.
Participate in their Video
CanFASD is making a short video that highlights our community and raises awareness of FASD in Canada. You can help by sending a short video clip telling them what FASD means to you OR what you want people to know about FASD.
- Send a short video clip (5-10 seconds)
- In landscape orientation (i.e. hold your phone sideways)
- Tell them what FASD means to you.
- You can talk to the camera, hold up a sign, or any other creative way you can think of to get your message across
Tips for shooting
- Shoot in landscape view (i.e. hold your phone sideways)
- Hold the camera very steady. If you can set it up to shoot from a surface like a table or chair, that is even better.
- Leave a “buffer” of 2-3 seconds at the beginning and end of the video to make sure none of your words or actions are cut off.
- Make sure the audio is good quality:
- Try to record inside, away from background noises
- If it’s windy, don’t shoot outside
Send your video to email@example.com by August 31, 2020. If you’re unable to send your video over email due to the size, you can also use this free online service. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!